Use of electronic equipment
Laptops / Portable computers, CD Walkmans, Digital MP3 Players, Portable DVD Players, Non-Cellular PDAs and Digital Dictaphones may all be used on board Tigerair flights after take-off and the Captain has switched off the 'Fasten Seatbelt' sign.
Mobile Phones and Personal Electronic Devices (PEDs) equipped with wireless phone connections may be carried only in cabin baggage but must be switched off once the aircraft doors are closed for departure. These items must not be used during flight.
Please check with the cabin crew if you are not sure.
Passengers now can use portable electronic devices on board Tigerair Taiwan’s aircraft (flight number begins with ‘IT’) according to the Civil Aviation Act of the ROC from November 2015. Any violation of these regulations will be subjected to imprisonment of up to maximum of 5 years, detention, or a maximum fine of NT$150,000; for serious cases, one may be subjected to life imprisonment.
- After the doors are closed, all passengers should follow cabin announcement to comply with the related electronic devices regulations. All portable electronic devices, such as mobile phones, tablet devices, and laptops, must be switched to “Flight Mode” and turned off the Wi-Fi/voice call communication functions. After landing and the airplane vacates the runway, the cabin crew will notify passengers about the timing of using portable electronic devices.
- Radio transmitting function of portable electronic devices are prohibited throughout the flight. These devices may include remote control, radio transmitter, transmitting devices and remote-controlled toys. Moreover, devices cannot be switched to flight mode nor turned off Wi-Fi/communication functions such as non-smartphones must be power off after cabin door closed until the announcement has been made after the airplane vacates the runway.
- E-cigarettes are prohibited during entire flight.
- The outlet in the lavatory is for electric shaver use only.
- To prevent interfering with the evacuation or the unexpected turbulence, portable electronic devices, such as laptops, that cannot be hand held or properly accommodated in the seat pocket (the maximum load is 1KG) should be stowed underneath the seat and cannot slide or in the overhead compartment during take-off and landing while the height is below 10,000 feet, unless flight attendants have announced that permitted devices can be used throughout the flight. For the accessories, such as power cable or headphone cord, should be accommodated properly in order to prevent interfering with the evacuation.
- The cabin crew may request passengers to turn off their electronic device if it cannot be identified as in “Flight Mode”, or suspect that a device interferes with the aircraft.
- Outside of the territories of the ROC, passengers should follow flight attendants’ announcement about the instruction of using portable electronic devices according to the local Civil Aviation Act.
Samsung Galaxy Note7 owners will be banned from using this product on Tigerair Taiwan’s aircraft (flight number begins with ‘IT’). This product should switch-off and can't be recharged during flights. Flight mode is not accepted. Meanwhile, all Tigerair Taiwan’s aircraft (flight number begins with ‘IT’) cannot use power bank during flights. We thank for your cooperation.