Frequently asked questions
- What is AXS Payment?
Passengers travelling from Singapore (on TR-designated flights) are now able to pay for their booking via AXS Stations. To enjoy this facility, passengers will need to book through our website.
*AXS Payment is only available if the total cost for the booking is below SGD2000
- Can I pay for Tigerair Australia flights (TT-designated flight) or Tigerair Taiwan (IT-designated flights) on AXS Stations?
Payments by AXS Stations are only available for flights departing from Singapore (on TR-designated flights only).
- How do I select AXS payment when booking?
Upon completion of the booking process online, you are able to select the preferred mode of payment. For AXS payment, please select the AXS tab.
- Can I pay for my booking at any AXS Station in Singapore?
Yes, you can pay at any of the AXS Stations located island-wide.
- How long do I have after making my booking to pay for it at the AXS Stations?
If you booking was made greater than 3 days to your departure date you have 24 (twenty four) hours from making your booking on www.tigerair.com to complete your payment through AXS. If your booking was made within 3 days of departure you have 12 (twelve) hours to complete your payment through AXS.
- What forms of payment does the AXS Station accept?
AXS accepts ATM cards issued by all UOB, OCBC, DBS, POSB and Standard Chartered Bank. For D-Pay machines, AXS is able to accept DBS, POSB and Citibank ATM cards.
- Can I partially pay for my ticket?
No, all bookings paid for at AXS Stations have to be made in full.
- Are there additional charges for payment through AXS payments?
AXS payments are charged at SGD 5.00 per booking. There is also a charge of SGD 1 per booking for using the AXS machines.
- What if I need to change or cancel my booking after making payment through AXS?
You can either change your booking online or call our call centre. Please make sure all changes for your booking are confirmed and completed 4 (four) hours before your flight departs.
- What is Tigerconnect?
Tigerconnect provides you a convenient transfer service within Singapore Changi Airport's transit area without the need to clear arrival immigration, collect checked-in luggage and check-in again for your onward flight connections via Singapore.
- How does Tigerconnect work?
Upon arrival at Singapore Changi Airport, passengers who purchased Tigerconnect's airport transfer service are to proceed to Transfer lounge E at the transit area immediately. Agents at the Transfer lounge E will then check in the passenger on their onward flight, issue the second boarding pass and arrange for luggage transfers to onward flight.
- Do I need to purchase Tigerconnect's airport transfer service?
For onward flights within 8 hours, the airport transfer service and cost has been incorporated in the flight purchase for passenger convenient. For onward flights with more than 8 hours, it is optional for purchase.
- Where can I purchase Tigerconnect's airport transfer service?
The airport transfer service can only be purchased online, through the call center, travel agents, or at the Singapore Changi Airport transit counter directly.
*Passenger who wants to purchase Tigerconnect at the Singapore Changi Airport transit counter must possess a valid Singapore Visa to be allowed boarding at departure stations.
- Is there any time limit to purchase the Tigerconnect's airport transfer service?
It has to be purchased minimum 120 minutes before departure of the onward flight to facilitate luggage transfer.
- How can I benefit from this airport transfer service?
The airport transfer service provides passengers with convenient transfers at Singapore Changi Airport without the need to pass through immigration or collection of checked-in luggage for onward flight connections.
- When will this service start?
It will be available for purchase from now for flights departing from 1 February 2013 onwards.
- If I'm transiting in Singapore with Tigerconnect, do I still need a visa?
As passengers who purchased the airport transfer service need not clear Immigration for their onward flight - a Singapore visa is not required. Passengers may stay in the transit area for up to 24 hours without visa. However, passengers must have the proper immigration documents for the final destination.
- Will I get two boarding passes when I check-in for my first flight?
Passengers will receive one boarding pass as per normal for the first leg of their journey. Upon arrival at Singapore Changi Airport, passengers are to proceed to Transfer lounge E in the transit area immediately. Agents at Transfer lounge E will then check in the passenger on the onward flight, issue the second boarding pass and arrange for luggage transfers to onward flight.
- What are the travel documents to be presented at the travel desk?
Print-out of itinerary for the onward flight, valid passport and visa for the final destination (if needed) and checked luggage claim tags (if any).
- How can I ensure that my luggage has been transferred to my second flight?
Passengers are to present their luggage claim tags to the staff at the Transfer E counter so that their bags can be retagged and transferred to their final destination.
- (i) If I am taking two different flights (first flight with Tigerair and second flight with Scoot) will I still able to purchase Tigerconnect's airport transfer service?
- (ii) What is the difference between purchasing a Tigerconnect's airport transfer service and Scoot-Thru?
There is no difference. However, Scoot-Thru is only available for passengers who purchased an interline ticket from Scoot.
- (iii) What if I purchased the airport transfer service and then make changes to my flight, will I still able to enjoy the service or will be forfeited?
Normal terms and conditions will apply depending on the nature of the change.
- If Tigerair makes changes to my flight, will the airport transfer service still be available?
Yes. It will be transferred to the passenger's new flight itinerary.
- Without any visa, will I be eligible for the Free Singapore Tour?
Eligibility to participate in the Free Singapore Tour is subjected to visa entry requirements stipulated by the Immigrations & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore. Passengers must have more than 5 hours to spare in transit. For further enquiries, passengers can approach the Free Singapore Tour Registration Booth located in Terminal 2 (Near the escalators to North Arrival Immigration) and Skytrain station at Transit Mall North, Level 2 (Near Transfer Lounge E) for more information.
- My connecting flight was delayed for more than 3 hours; do I have to wait at the transiting hall?
Currently transit passengers in Singapore can stay in the transit area for up to 24 hours without visa. Passengers will have to remain in the transit area unless valid documentation (passport and visa as applicable) is presented to clear Immigration at Singapore.
- Will there be any assistance provided if flight is delayed or if I missed my connecting flight?
In the event of a flight delay or misconnection caused by Tigerair, passengers should proceed straight to the Transfer Lounge E in the transit area whereby they will be able to get assistance.
- Will I get to enjoy any premium lounge services?
Tigerconnect's airport transfer service does not come with lounge service; however, passengers who would like to enjoy lounge services can purchase Tigerplus. Tigerplus is available for purchase at the Transfer Lounge E in the transit area at SGD48. With Tigerplus, passenger can also enjoy priority boarding (board me first). Tigerplus is recommended for passengers who have a connecting flight between 2 to 3 hours.
- I have accidentally cleared immigration; can I still catch my connecting flight or do I have to collect my luggage at the arrival hall? Can I get a refund?
Passengers will have to collect luggage at the arrival claim area, clear immigration and proceed to check in again at Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 2. Our check-in counters are located at rows 11 and 12 and counters close promptly at 45 minutes prior to departure. Tigerconnect is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Will I be detained by immigration for any VISA requirement?
Passengers who do not comply with the entry requirements to the country he or she is visiting may be detained by Immigration and may be repatriated back to the port of origin
- Is purchasing of Duty Free items allowed while I'm waiting for my connecting flight at the transit hall?
Yes. Passengers have the option to stay at the transit area while waiting for the onward flight and enjoy the facilities available.
- Can I purchase one Tigerconnect service for my entire family listed in the same booking/itinerary?
For infants below the age of two, no fee is required. Otherwise, Tigerconnect has to be purchased for every single passenger in the itinerary.
- If I did not opt for the airport transfer service during my booking and I choose to remain in transit in Singapore, will I still able to purchase it in Singapore?
Yes, passengers can purchase Tigerconnect's airport transfer service at the Transfer Lounge E in the transit area.
- When is the latest can I collect the boarding pass for my onward flight from the transfer desk?
Passengers should collect their boarding pass for their onward flight at Transfer Lounge E in the transit area at least 90 minutes to departure to ensure that they are able to board their onward flight in a timely manner and have their luggage transferred accordingly.
- What if I purchased Tigerconnect's airport transfer service and do not have the required travel documents for the final destination when I check-in for my first flight?
Passengers who do not have the required travel documents for their final destination will not be able to check in for their flight. It is the passenger's responsibility to ensure possession of the proper travel documents for the final destination.
(i) If this is the case, can I change my travel plan to fly only to Singapore?
Yes, passengers will be able to choose to fly to Singapore only if they have the valid travel documents to enter Singapore. Passengers will be required to sign an indemnity form as their onward ticket and Tigerconnect will be forfeited.
- Who can I contact if my luggage is missing or if my luggage is damaged upon arrival?
Before leaving the airport, passengers should report any luggage loss to a member of the Tigerair ground services team. Luggage claims will not be taken into consideration after passengers have left the airport.
As an airline's liabilities may be limited by International Treaties, we recommend that passengers should consider purchasing the appropriate insurance before their trip.
All claims for damaged, delayed or lost luggage are to be addressed to:
Tigerair Luggage Claims
Charles Taylor Aviation
Address: 140 Cecil Street, #15-00 PIL Building, Singapore 069540
Fax: (65) 6423 0150
* For interline tickets, in the case of lost or damaged luggage, the last operating carrier to connect passengers to their final destination will be assist in the claims. For example, should the luggage is found to be missing upon landing in Phuket airport, passengers may contact Tigerair. Likewise if the luggage is found to be missing in Sydney, passengers may contact Scoot who will assist them.
- What is Tigerplus?
Tigerplus is an add-on product that offers the comfort and convenience of a dedicated check-in counter, usage of a premium lounge and priority boarding (board me first).
- How much does it costs?
Tigerplus costs SGD48 per passenger.
- Which flights is Tigerplus available for?
It is available for Tigerair Singapore (on TR-designated) flights departing out from Singapore at the moment.
- How can I purchase Tigerplus?
Passengers may purchase Tigerplus through our website tigerair.com.
- Where is the Tigerplus dedicated check-in counter at the airport?
The Tigerplus dedicated counter is located at Row 11 in Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 2.
- What if I have already checked in online using the web check-in service?
Passengers who have checked in online using the web check-in service are required to proceed to the Tigerplus dedicated counter at Row 11 at Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 2 for endorsement of your travel documents and also to receive your lounge pass card.
- How early can I check-in for my flight and start utilising the lounge facilities?
Our Tigerplus check-in service operates from 4am – 11:59pm (GMT+8) every day. Passengers may choose to check-in up to four hours before departure to enjoy the lounge facilities.
- I am travelling in a group. Can I purchase Tigerplus?
Yes. Passengers may purchase Tigerplus as a group not exceeding 20 passengers.
- Where is the premium lounge?
Passengers who purchased Tigerplus service are invited to SATS Premier Lounge located in the middle of the transit area of Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 2. Please follow the directional signs in the transit area to the lounge area at Level 3, #036-114.
- What does the lounge offer?
- Comfortable seating in a soothing ambience with an unrivalled view of the air side.
- Free flow of refreshments that features local signature dishes to delight your taste buds accompanied by an offering of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Pleasant shower facility with amenities
- Private rest booths with state-of-the art massage chairs
- Work stations with high-speed Internet connectivity and wireless access
- Cable television with a wide variety programs channels and movies.
- A wide selection of international magazines and newspapers.
- How long can I stay at the lounge?
Passengers are invited to stay in the lounge for up to a maximum of 4 hours.
- What is board me first?
board me first allows passengers to beat the queue and board first when the flight is ready for boarding.
- Will my booking for Tigerplus follow my new flight if there is a change in my flight itinerary?
Yes. It will be transferred to the passenger's new flight itinerary.
- I have pre-purchased Tigerplus but on the day of travel, I arrived 1 hour before flight departure and had to rush to my boarding gate thereby not being able to utilise the Tigerplus services. Can I get a refund?
Tigerplus is a non-transferable and non-refundable service.
- If I am travelling with an infant, do I need to purchase Tigerplus for my infant?
Passengers below the age of 2 will be accorded with dedicated check-in at Tigerplus counter, lounge access and priority boarding free of charge if accompanied by an adult passenger who purchased Tigerplus service.
- Will there be a paging service in the lounge to inform me to proceed to my boarding gate?
The lounge staff will try to locate passengers who are due to board their flight on a goodwill and best effort basis. We urge all passengers to be aware of their flight departure timings.
- Can I transfer Tigerplus to my travelling companion (in the same booking) if I decide not to travel?
Tigerplus is a non-transferable and non-refundable service.
- Is Tigerplus available for purchase on your mobile app?
Currently, Tigerplus is not available for purchase on Tigerair mobile app.
- If I purchased board me first when I first book my tickets and then subsequently decide to purchase Tigerplus at the airport before my flight, am I able to get a refund for the board me first service purchased earlier on?
Unfortunately, board me first is non-transferable and non-refundable
- How can I add-on Tigerplus after I have completed my flight booking and received my flight itinerary?
Passengers can purchase the service directly at the service desk at Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 2.
- What is an interline journey?
An interline journey comprises of at least two flights within a guest's itinerary (taking them from their origin to their destination via a hub or connecting point), which are operated by different carriers, but bought as a single booking with one fare. If you are travelling on an interline journey, you will have a stopover in SIN and you will be flying on two different airlines.
On an interline journey, each airline operates their flights distinctly and separately. There is no through-checking of luggage or passengers and guests will have to retrieve any checked luggage, re-check in for their connecting flight and collect their on-going boarding passes at the connecting airport.
- Who does Tigerair have an interline partnership with?
At the moment, Tigerair has a partnership with Scoot and Cebu Pacific Air.
- Can I add additional luggage or purchase seats on my Tigerair flight?
You can purchase additional luggage or purchase seats via Tigerair call centre.
- Why should I buy an interline fare instead of purchase two separate tickets independently?
By purchasing an interline ticket, we make planning a journey easy because when you search for your flights, all possible combinations that satisfy the minimum recommended connection time of 2 hours are displayed. With one click of your mouse, you can review and determine the best flight combination.
- What luggage charges apply for interline fares?
Luggage charges for interline fares are charged on a per sector or per flight basis. That is, for each flight operated by a different carrier, you will be charged separate, different luggage fees. For luggage allowances on our partner flights, please refer to the luggage information on their website.
- How can I purchase excess luggage for interline fares (Tigerair flights)?
For Tigerair flights, excess luggage will be charged at the airport at SGD25 per kilo.
- How do I add luggage on my Scoot or Cebu Pacific flight if I have bought a interline booking?
You are automatically entitled to 20kg checked luggage on your Scoot flight. For Cebu Pacific Air, you are automatically entitled to 15kg checked luggage.
* To add more luggage for the Scoot flight, please contact Scoot Call Centre.
* To add more luggage for Cebu Pacific flight, you can contact Tigerair Call Centre.
- How do I add any optional add-ons for my Tigerair flight if I have bought an interline booking from your partner airlines?
You may call Tigerair's call centre to add any optional add-ons. Always have your booking reference handy when you call the call centre.
- What happens if a flight on my interline journey is cancelled or delayed?
If one or more of your flights is cancelled, the operating carrier Conditions of Carriage apply. If any flight cancellation or delay results in a misconection on to your connecting flight, the affected carrier, be it Tigerair or our partner airline, we will reaccommodate you on the next available flight if you have purchased Tigerconnect. This applies for both your inbound and outbound journeys. All fees will be waived for the reaccommodation onto the next flight.
- Will Tigerair provide hotel accommodation in the case of a misconnection that entails an overnight stay in Singapore?
No hotel accommodation or compensation will be provided. For this reason, we strongly recommend that all passenger to carry travel insurance throughout their travels.
- Whom should I call in case of delays, cancellations or for general enquiries?
In all the above cases, please contact Tigerair call centre.
- Which airline do I contact if I have lost my luggage or if my luggage is damaged?
In the case of lost or damaged luggage, the last operating carrier at your destination will be able to assist you. For example, if you have discovered that your bags are missing upon landing in Phuket airport, you may contact Tigerair who will assist you, given that they were the last operating carrier, that is, the carrier that you most recently flew on. Likewise if your luggage is found to be missing in Sydney, you may contact Scoot who will assist you.
- Can I make changes to my interline ticket?
If you have a flight connecting to Scoot - Only changes related to guest information, such as name and contact details, may be made within 12h of your booking being confirmed. These changes must be made via the call centre. Beyond 12 hours, name and contact detail changes are not permitted. Date, time and origin or destination changes are not permitted for interline fares at all.
If you have a flight connecting to Cebu Pacific – you are allowed to make changes by contacting Tigerair call centre
- What do I have to do when I land in Singapore, in between connecting flights?
Once you have disembarked from a flight arriving into Singapore, you will have to clear Arrival Immigration and collect your checked luggage (if any) before proceeding to the departure hall check-in counter to re-check in for your on-going flight and to obtain your boarding pass. You will then have to proceed to clear departure immigration formalities and re-enter the transit area. Do note that visa requirements for Singapore will apply.
- Is it necessary to exit immigration? I have not usually had to do this for my other connecting flights.
It is necessary to exit immigration and check-in for your connecting flight at the departure hall of Changi Airport Terminal 2. This is because neither you as a passenger, nor your luggage, will have been through-checked to your final destination. You will have to go through the process described above in order to obtain a boarding pass for your on-going flight.
- Will I get a boarding pass for my connecting flight when I check in for my trip at my origin (Scoot flight)?
You will not get a boarding pass upon check-in at your originating city. Instead, when you arrive in Singapore, you will need to clear arrival immigration and check in for your on-going flight. It is at that point that the boarding pass for your on-going flight will be issued.
- Will my bags be checked through to my final destination?
Your bags will not be checked through to your final destination. It is your responsibility to collect your checked luggage from the arrival claim area. After doing so, you will need to proceed to the check-in counter of your connecting flight for departure formalities in accordance with the operating airline's check-in policy. For this purpose, you will need to leave the transit area and clear immigration, so do ensure that you have a valid Singapore visa if you require one.
- Would I need to get Tigerinsure separately to cover me for my connecting flight?
If you purchased Tigerinsure for your Interline journey, your connecting flight will be covered as long as it is reflected in your itinerary. If you have purchased any other insurance policy (not a Tigerinsure policy), you will need to check with your insurer if your connecting flight is covered.
- What is web check-in?
Web check-in enables customers to do online check-in for their flight within the Tigerair network via our website at www.tigerair.com/webcheck.
- Who can use web check-in?
Web check-in is offered to all passengers travelling on Tigerair (TR-designated flights) to selected destinations out of Singapore Changi Airport.
Passengers must meet the regulatory requirements (e.g. visa, proof of return or onward travel), before they are allowed to web check-in.
Please note that web check-in is not available for the following passenger types:
- Passengers with reduced mobility
- Passengers with special needs
- Passengers who purchased Tigerconnect
- Passengers who purchased their flights from Tigerapp (mobile application)* and from the call centre.
- Which destinations can I use web check-in?
Passengers can web check-in for all destination except for the following:
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Can I do web check-in for my return flight back to Singapore?
Web check-in is available for departures out of Singapore Changi Airport only.
- Is web check-in offered to other nationalities?
Yes, web check-in is available to Singaporeans and other nationalities.
- When can I web check-in for my flight?
Flights will open for web check-in from 72 hours (3 days) to 1 hours prior to scheduled departure times and is available on www.tigerair.com/webcheck.
- Will I be charged for using web check-in?
Web check-in is free!
- Is web check-in available for all Tigerair (TR) flights?
Yes, Web check-in is available on all flights departing from Singapore.
- Am I able to web check-in together with my travel companions?
Yes, you can web check-in for everyone travelling under the same booking.
- Do I need to web check-in for all my travel companions booked in the same reservation?
No, you have the option to web check-in for selected passengers in the booking.
- Are my seats confirmed during web check-in?
If you have purchased a seat during booking, your seat will be assigned to you when you perform web check-in. If you have not purchased a seat during booking, our system will automatically assign you to a seat. Kindly note that if you are travelling in a group, you may not be seated together.
- Can I change my flight and (or) passenger details after I have done my web check-in?
No. Changes to flight and (or) passenger details must be completed prior to web check-in. Once you have performed web check-in, no further changes can be made.
- Can I purchase Luggage Upsize after I have done my web check-in?
No. All luggage upsize needs to be completed prior to web check-in. Once you have performed web check-in, you can only purchase 15kg airport baggage at the check-in counter.
- Where is the location of web check-in counter?
The web check-in counter is located at row 11, Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 2.
- Why must I go to the web check-in counter even though I have done it online?
If you have any luggage to check in, or if your boarding pass indicates "Document Verification Required" you will need to go to our web check-in counter.
- What happens if I am unable to print my boarding pass, or lose it after completing web check-in?
We encourage all web check-in passengers to print their boarding passes at home before arriving at the airport. However, if you lose you boarding pass, you will be required to join the queue at the web check-in counter to have your boarding pass re-printed.
- Can I web check-in if I have check-in luggage?
Yes, you can web check-in even if you have check-in luggage. At the airport, you will proceed to the web check-in counter to drop your bags.
- If I have purchased Tigerconnect, can I web check-in while on transit in Singapore?
No, you cannot web check-in while on transit in Singapore. You must check-in at Transfer Counter E and present your bag tags. This will ensure that your bags will be tagged to the final destination.
- If I have purchased Tigerconnect and mistakenly clear immigration into Singapore, can I then web check-in to my final destination?
No. If you have purchased Tigerconnect, you must check-in at Transfer Counter E. Please do not clear immigration into Singapore. If you clear the Singapore immigration by mistake, you cannot perform web check-in. Please proceed to check-in at row 12 to ensure that your bags are tagged to the final destination.
Passengers travelling on selected Tigerair (TR) flights will now be able to check-in online and proceed to the boarding gate on arrival at the airport with Direct-to-Gate.
- Direct-to-Gate is available for:
Passengers who met the requirements for web check-in
- with carry-on baggage only
- with no visa or other entry requirements (e.g. proof of return or onward travel)
- How do I know if I can enjoy Direct-to-Gate service?
You would need to first print your boarding pass after completing web check-in.
You can proceed directly to immigration if you boarding pass displays the message below and if you do not have any check-in bags:
You will have to proceed to the Web check-in desk to get your documentation verified, boarding pass stamped if you boarding pass displays the following message:
Your boarding pass will not be valid if it does not have the stamp by our check-in staff.
- What is the Direct-to-Gate procedure like?
You can proceed directly to the entrance of the Immigration. The Auxiliary Police Officer (APO) appointed by Tigerair will scan your self-printed online check-in boarding pass. Upon clearance from the system, you will be allowed to clear the immigration. The APO will proceed to verify details on your online check-in boarding pass with your passport details before issuing a stamp.
If you are not eligible for direct-to-gate, APO will direct you to the Check-in counter to have your documents checked. At the Tigerair check-in counter, your documents will be verified. Upon successful verification, the check-in counter staff will endorse your self-printed online check-in boarding pass, and you can proceed to the entrance of the Immigration.
Hong Kong In-town Check-in (ITCI)
- What is ITCI?
Tigerair has made it much easier for our passengers in HKG to check in at either Hong Kong or Kowloon station of the MTR.
- When will the service be available?
This convenient and free service is available from 1 November 2011.
- How does ITCI work?
For more details you may visit the MTR website.
Booking & Making Payment
- How can I make a booking online?
Go to the homepage of www.tigerair.com, fill in your travel details to find the flights that work for you, and you will be guided through a few easy steps to complete your booking.
- Can I purchase Tigerair tickets on an open-dated basis?
Sorry, we do not offer open dated tickets.
- Can I make an open-jaw booking online?
You will need to make separate bookings for each leg of your travel. If you require both sectors to be in the same itinerary, please contact our call centre for assistance.
- Do you accept international credit cards?
- Do you accept debit cards?
For internet bookings, the only debit cards that are accepted are those issued in Australia. For other modes of booking, all debit cards are not accepted.
- How can I ensure if payment goes through in a 'Pending' status and I would not be charged twice?
Please verify with our call centre on your booking status or use the "Manage my booking" function on our homepage. If payment is outstanding, you will be prompted to pay for your bookings when your itinerary is retrieved.
- Why isn't my booking processed successfully? It keeps prompting error messages.
Your browser security setting may not be configured to work on our website. Please check that your system meets the requirements below:
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP and MAC OS 9.0 or later
Internet Explorer 7.0+
Mozilla Firefox 3.5+
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels
- The page hangs when attempting to proceed with payment. What should I do and how do I know if the booking and payment went through?
Please verify with our call centre if your booking has been confirmed. If it is not, please check with your card issuing bank whether the transaction has been successful.
- Why is my credit card declined? I have checked with my bank and was informed there wasn't any attempt of transaction from your side.
Payment authorization is given by your card issuing bank and beyond our control. Credit card payments may be declined for various reasons. However, due to the confidentiality between card issuing banks and cardholders, we may not be provided with the actual reasons. Therefore, it's best that you contact your card-issuing bank for verification.
- The system hung before I completed the booking process, and I was prompted to contact the call centre, which was closed at that time. By the time I managed to contact the call centre, fares have increased. Shouldn't I be entitled to the lower fare that was applicable when I tried to book tickets?
We cannot apply lower fares retrospectively.
- I did not get to enjoy the current promotion as your website did not state clearly that I must click on the promotion banner. Can you apply the promotional fares for me?
We cannot apply the promotion retrospectively to your booking.
- Why haven't I received any confirmation even though I have booked quite a while ago?
If your booking is successful, you should see a confirmation page at the end of the booking process. You can print or save this page as proof of booking. Alternatively, please verify if your email address is correctly entered. You may also contact our call centre to verify if the itinerary has been successfully sent to your email host server. We are not able to take responsibility if host servers experience any delay in sending out the emails.
- How do I retrieve my flight itinerary?
Click on "Manage my booking" on our homepage and enter your booking confirmation number and passenger name.
Taxes and Charges
Please note that all reference to fees in A$ in this FAQ section includes GST for Domestic Flights within Australia, whereas all fees quoted in S$ are without GST for International journeys. The amounts are provided for guidance only and we reserve the right to amend our fees at any time.
- What are taxes and surcharges?
These include applicable Government taxes and airport charges, administrative fees and insurance surcharges.
- What is Government Tax?
This is a governmental departure or arrival tax which is collected by the airline and payable to the relevant governmental authorities. These taxes vary from country to country and in some cases are collected locally on departure and not by the airline.
- What is Passenger Service Charge?
This is the charge made by the airport authorities to the airlines for use of the terminal, runway, emergency services, security facilities etc. GST or VAT is currently charged at 0% on fares or fees relating to International journeys. For flights wholly within Domestic Australia, GST applies.
- What portion of taxes and surcharges can I get back?
Should you no longer wish to travel you can apply for a refund of the Government Passenger Services Tax and other government taxes paid. However, Tigerair will apply a refund administration fee (or local equivalent) per passenger per sector to cover the cost of processing and bank charges for each tax refund request.
- Why can I only apply for a refund of only some taxes and not the total amount of taxes reflected in my itinerary?
The amount of taxes reflected in your itinerary consists of several components. These include taxes that may no longer be payable to relevant government and airport authorities if you do not fly. Other components such as administrative fees and insurance surcharges are not refundable.
- Why does Tigerair not provide breakdown of taxes?
We can let you know the amount of tax payable to government or airport authorities. We do not provide a more detailed breakdown of other components. This is within the pricing and advertising guidelines set by the Aviation and Advertising regulatory authorities in countries we operate to.
- How do I make a request for specific seats?
During your booking process, you can pre-select seats for a nominal fee using our Seat Selector.
If your booking has already been completed, please contact our call centre for assistance.
Please refer to our current fee schedule here.
- Can I select seats only for one sector of a return flight?
Yes, you can select seats for just one way by booking through our call centre, or making two separate online bookings.
- What is the full coverage for Tigerinsure that is available on your website?
You may refer to the policy benefits of Tigerinsure here. The benefits will also be emailed to you together with the policy that you purchase.
- Why do you provide only email support for Tigerinsure and what is your maximum turnaround time?
As insurance related matters require supporting documents, this form of communication will allow our agents to refer to such communications for verification. We endeavour to reply to all letters within 21 working days. However, some cases may require more time for further investigations involving other parties.
- I have misplaced/ not received the Tigerinsure policy purchased with my booking. Can you resend it?
Please contact ACE Insurance at Travel.SG@acegroup.com or call (65) 6398 8776, 9am to 5 pm (Singapore Time), Monday to Friday, stating the policy number that is shown on your Tigerair itinerary.
Request for changes, cancellations & refunds
- Can I cancel my booking, get a refund or make changes for free if I cannot fly due to a medical condition, an emergency at work/home, national service commitments, court case, visa problems, problems encountered at immigration & customs checkpoints, and other unforeseen circumstances?
All bookings on Tigerair are on a confirmed basis and strictly non-refundable. We keep our fares low by implementing stringent cost control measures in our operations. We are not able to offer refunds or compensation for any monetary or other losses, or inconvenience caused arising from any missed flights including these and other reasons.
However, you can make changes by paying the applicable fees and fare difference. Please click here for our fee schedule .
Changes, subject to availability, can be made up to 4 (four) hours before the scheduled departure time.
To protect your interests in the event of unforseen circumstances, we recommend that you consider purchasing the appropriate travel insurance that suits your needs.
- What are the charges for changing the passenger's name?
A name change fee is payable per passenger per flight sector, plus any additional cost if the prevailing prices are higher. If the prevailing prices are lower, no refund will be made.
- Why do I need to pay the airfare difference, in the event I request for a name change? I am already charged the name change fee.
This measure is needed to protect our passengers' access to our low, low fares. It prevents resellers from hoarding promotional seats and reselling them at higher prices later.
- How do I make changes to my booking?
Changes can only be made at least 4 (four) hours before the scheduled flight departure, and are subject to charges.
For changes to the date/timing of your flight, there are 4 ways:
- Online. Go to the www.tigerair.com homepage, and click on "Manage my booking".
- Contact our call centre.
- Go to ticket counters in selected airports.
- Via participating local travel agents.
For all other changes, eg. luggage, destination, name, etc, please contact our call centre.
- Requests for refund due to death
In the unfortunate event of the death of a passenger before the scheduled flight departure time, we will make a refund after receiving a copy of the death certificate.
- Can I change my flight date without confirming the new date?
No. We do not offer open tickets. You will need to select a new date / flight at least 4 (four) hours before your original flight, subject to the applicable charges.
- What are the charges for changing the destination in my booking?
Destination changes are subject to different charges depending on the destination, plus any additional cost if the prevailing prices are higher. If the prevailing prices are lower, no refund will be made.
- Can I get a refund if I change my booking to a cheaper flight that costs less?
No refund will be made if the prevailing prices are lower. In addition, the fees for making changes will apply.
- Can I make changes just before my flight?
Any change must be made at least 4 (four) hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight (subject to applicable charges). After that, no changes are allowed.
- Why can't I make changes less than 4 (four) hours to departure?
As time is required for pre-departure procedures, this 4-hour rule helps to ensure that our flights can depart on schedule.
- Do I get a refund in cases where there are unforeseen disasters?
In the event of a disruption arising out of a natural disaster, passengers will be put on the next available flight in accordance with our disruption policy. All bookings on Tigerair are strictly non-refundable.
- Recently there was unrest in the city I'm flying into and I don't wish to travel there, can I get a refund?
In such situations, we will make a decision after considering several factors such as whether airports remain operational, travel advisories by relevant authorities, etc. To get the latest updates, please refer to our Disruption notice webpage under the Flying with us section.
We also recommend that you consider buying the appropriate travel insurance to suit your needs.
- Can I change the passenger name for just one or some of the flights in my booking?
No. We do not allow name changes for partially utilized/forfeited bookings, eg. If you have a round-trip booking, you cannot make a name change for only your return flight.
- What is my hand luggage allowance?
Requirements for hand luggage are:
- 2 (two) small items each with dimensions of less than 54 cm x 38 cm x 23 cm and weighing no more than 10 kg combined.
- all luggage are carried entirely at your own risk. We recommend that you consider purchasing the appropriate insurance to suit your needs.
Any additional/larger/heavier item must be checked in and subject to the applicable fees.
- What is my check-in luggage allowance? Why do you charge for checking in luggage?
If you wish to check in luggage, we have different options for you to purchase here.
At Tigerair, you only pay for what you need. If you don't have any luggage to check in, you don't pay for any! That is how we can keep our fares low for you.
If other passengers want to pack the kitchen sink, that's fine – but it's only fair that they pay a bit extra for it, because you shouldn't have to pay for their luggage, just as they wouldn't want to pay for yours!
Remember, for occupational health and safety reasons, any single item should not weigh more than 30kg.
- How do I purchase/change my luggage allowance?
It's best to purchase luggage allowance when you book your flight. This will help you save up to 80% in luggage fees!
If you did not purchase luggage allowance when you booked your flight, you can:
1) Call our call centre at least 4 hours before departure, or
2) Upsize your luggage at the airport during check in. Please note: you can only select the 15kg option at the Airport rate. Anything in excess of 15kg will be subject to excess luggage charges per kilogram.
Please refer here for the rates and more details.
- Can I combine my luggage allowance with my fellow travelers?
Passengers can only combine luggage allowance if they are under the same booking, they check-in together, AND they all board the flight. Otherwise, luggage allowance cannot be combined or transferred.
Please note that any single piece of luggage should not weigh more than 30kg.
- Can I bring more than 1 checked luggage?
You may bring more than 1 (one) checked luggage. However, the weight in total must not exceed the Luggage Upsize™ option purchased.
Any excess over the Luggage Upsize™ option selected; will be charged per kg at the prevailing rates in the common currency of the departure airport.
- How is the excess luggage calculated and what are the charges?
Any excess over the Luggage Upsize™ option selected; will be charged per kg at the prevailing rates in the common currency of the departure airport. Please refer to here for current fees.
- Is there a maximum number of times I can upsize my luggage?
There is no limit on the number of times you can increase your luggage, however our maximum Luggage Upsize™ option is 40kg per passenger, per sector.
Excess luggage charges will apply if your total luggage exceeds the allowance that you have purchased before arriving at the airport (which is reflected in your itinerary).
We do not give refunds for downsizing of luggage allowance.
- I have a bulky item to be checked in. Are there any limitations?
Oversized / odd-sized items can be checked-in as long as they do not exceed the maximum dimensions of 190cm X 60cm X 80cm. The item will be carried on space availability basis and subject to passenger's own risk. Do note that any single piece of checked-in luggage must not exceed 30kg or it will be denied carriage.
Prohibited and restricted items
- What are the prohibited items not to be carried onboard?
Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles into the security restricted area and the cabin of the aircraft but may be contained within checked luggage if local regulations allow for their importation:
Pointed/edged weapons & sharp objects
Pointed or bladed articles capable of causing injury, including: axes & hatches, arrows and darts, crampons (grappling iron, hooked bar of iron, or plate with iron spikes used in mountaineering), harpoons & spears, ice axes & ice picks, ice skates, lockable or flick knives with blades of any length, knives, including ceremonial, religious and hunting knives, made of metal or any other material strong enough to be used as a potential weapon, meat cleavers, machetes, open razors and blades (excluding safety or disposable razors with blades enclosed in cartridge), sabres, swords and swordsticks, scalpels, scissors with blades of any length, ski and walking/hiking poles, throwing stars, tradesman's tools that have the potential to be used as a pointed or edged weapon, e.g. drills and drill bits, box cutters, utility knives, all saws, screwdrivers, crowbars, hammers, pliers, wrenches/spanners, blow torches.
Any blunt instrument capable of causing injury, including tennis rackets, baseball and softball bats, clubs or batons - rigid or flexible - e.g. billy clubs, blackjacks (truncheon of leather covered lead with flexible shaft), night sticks & batons, cricket bats, golf clubs, hockey and hurling sticks, lacrosse sticks, kayak and canoe paddles, skateboards, billiard, snooker and pool cues, fishing rods, martial arts equipment, e.g. knuckle dusters, clubs, coshes, rice flails, nun-chucks, kubatons, kubasaunts.
- Besides prohibited items, what other security restrictions are there for items carried onboard?
In compliance with new guidelines set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) on hand luggage, various countries have implemented restrictions on carriage of liquids, aerosols and gels on passenger hand luggage.
The restrictions are as follows:
- Liquids, gels and aerosols will only be allowed in cabin luggage if they are kept in containers with volumes of not more than 100 ml each. These containers must be carried in a clear, re-sealable plastic bag. The total volume of the bag must not exceed 1 litre. Each person is allowed to carry only one such plastic bag. The bag must be removed from cabin luggage and presented to security personnel for visual examination.
- Medications and special dietary requirements, including baby formula are permitted in cabin luggage. They must be removed from cabin luggage and declared to security personnel at the checkpoint. These items may be subjected to security checks. Customers with prescription medicine are advised to bring along supporting documentation (e.g. ID cards, letters from doctors) as verification.
As some countries have imposed these restrictions on both arrival and departure flights, this may affect your ability to carry duty-free purchases onboard the aircraft. Customers are advised to check with duty free personnel before making their purchases.
- Can I bring milk or baby formula in my hand carry luggage? This is for my infant on board the flight.
Most authorities (airport security, customs, immigration, etc) will allow a reasonable amount of milk or baby formula to be carried onboard for an infant's consumption. Please check with the relevant authorities if in doubt.
- Can I carry frozen / preserved food in the cabin?
Fresh or frozen seafood or other meats may be carried on board as checked luggage only if we are satisfied that they have been properly packed. Strictly only styrofoam and/or cooler boxes that contain dry food/non-perishables are allowed to be checked-in after inspection of contents by relevant authorities. Should passengers refuse inspection, we have the right to reject admission of luggage.
- Can I check in other equipment not stated on your website?
Please check with our call centre for more information.
Delayed, damaged and lost items
- I may have left/lost my belonging onboard. Who do I contact?
Hand carry item - If your item was found onboard it would be handed to our ground handling agents at your destination airport. You can enquire directly at the Lost and Found counters or write to us via post/fax at:
For International Flights
Commercial Services Department
Tiger Airways Singapore Pte Ltd
Address: Changi Airport Post Office, c/o P.O. Box 181, Singapore 918147
For Australia Domestic Flights
Commercial Services Department
Tiger Airways Australia Pty Ltd
Address: PO Box 2352, Gladstone Park, Melbourne, Victoria 3043, Australia
Fax: +61 3 9335 3455
- My checked-in luggage is damaged, delayed or lost. How do I make a claim?
Before leaving the airport, you should report it to a member of the Tigerair ground services team. Baggage claims cannot be dealt with after you have left the airport, so please provide details of your luggage and you will be offered assistance.
As an airline's liabilities may be limited by International Treaties, we recommend that you consider purchasing the appropriate insurance before your trip.
For claims of damage, we must be given the opportunity to examine your damaged bag and alleged loss of item at the material time.
All claims for damaged, delayed or lost luggage are to be addressed to:
Tiger Airways Baggage Claims
Charles Taylor Aviation
Address: 140 Cecil Street, #15-00 PIL Building, Singapore 069540
Fax: (65) 6423 0150
- Will I be compensated for lost items?
Hand carry items – No. Hand carry items are your sole responsibility.
Checked-in items – Please do not check in items such as money, jewellery, precious metals, silverware, electronic devices, computers, cameras, video equipment, mobile phones, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, passports and other identification documents, title deeds, artefacts, manuscripts and the like. If you check in such items, you do so at your own risk entirely.
Depending on the destinations, lost items will go through settlement procedures according to the respective conventions ratified by the two cities that the passenger is flying between.
We recommend that you consider purchasing the appropriate insurance to suit your needs.
Schedule changes, delays and cancellations by the airline
- Am I allowed more than one change at no extra fee?
If your flight has been rescheduled by at least 4 (four) hours later, you will be entitled to a one time option. Once this option is utilized, any additional or subsequent changes will be subjected to applicable fees and charges. Please refer to here for requests for Changes, Cancellations, Refunds.
- If I missed my rescheduled flight, can I amend my booking for free?
- How will I be notified of schedule changes?
Schedule changes will be communicated via email. It is the passenger's responsibility to ensure the email address provided is current and accessed frequently. Tigerair takes no responsibility in the event that emails advising changes to bookings are not accessed/accessible.
In the event of an ad-hoc flight delay or schedule change, where the delay or schedule change is less than 4 (four) hours, Tigerair will not give prior warning to passengers. For any advance schedule change greater than 4 (four) hours, reasonable effort will be taken to contact passengers via the email address and/or telephone number provided at the time of making the reservation.
- What are my rights and options pertaining to schedule changes/cancellations?
For schedule changes of more than 4 (four) hours and cancellations, we provide certain options at our discretion.
For schedule changes of less than 4 (four) hours, no alternative options will be provided.
If you incur losses or miss another flight, we are unable to take responsibility or provide compensation.
We encourage you to consider buying the appropriate insurance to suit your needs.
For detailed and updated information, please refer to our Conditions of carriage here.
- Will I be issued a written confirmation that my refund request is currently being processed, considering that your refund timeline is 3-4 working weeks?
Requests for refunds will be processed through our regular feedback channel. We will only send a final reply, and not an interim reply to your refund request. This allows us to focus our resources on processing requests and other correspondence as soon as possible. Meanwhile, we would encourage passengers to liaise with their card issuing bank directly on their outstanding balance.
- What is Early Check-in (ECI) and how does ECI benefit me?
ECI allows you to check-in earlier on the same day of the flight, and enjoy shopping and eating at Changi Airport or take a short trip into the city before boarding your flight.
With ECI, you can check-in as early as 4am for a flight departing several hours later, up to midnight on that same day.
Please note that you can only check-in at the ECI counter until 3 (three) hours before your flight departure, after which you should proceed to the normal check-in desks.
- What are the operating hours and where is the Early Check-in counter?
Early Check-in (ECI) is a free service for Tigerair passengers at Changi Airport which operates from 0400 hours to 2359 hours daily.
ECI is available at Row 11 at the Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 2. Look out for the Early Check In sign.
- When are check-in counters open and when do they close?
Check-in counters open 2 (two) hours before departure and close 45 minutes before departure, except for flights departing to/from India where they are open 3 (three) hours before and close 1 (one) hour before departure. If you arrive late you will not be able to board and will need to buy a new ticket.
IIf you bought a Flight Combo, you must clear customs and immigration where applicable, and claim any luggage after the first flight, then check in for your second flight. You will need at least 2 (two) hours to complete this process.
- What time does the boarding gate close?
You should be at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes before departure. The boarding gate closes about 15 minutes before departure. Passengers arriving late at the boarding gate will not be accepted for travel, their bags will be offloaded and no compensation given. If you wish to travel on the next available flight, you will have to purchase a new ticket at the applicable fare.
- Can I get someone else to check in on my behalf, or can I check in for someone else?
For security reasons, all passengers are required to check-in personally, and with the proper identification and itinerary/electronic ticket. Otherwise, we reserve the right not to allow you to check-in without any liability or refund to you.
- What is the average waiting time for check-in?
It depends on the passengers in front of you in the queue, so it's best to arrive early.
- What happens if I check-in exactly at the time of counter closure?
As time is needed to process your check-in, it will be too late!
- If I missed my flight, can you put me on the next available flight for free?
For travel on the next available flight, you will be required to purchase a new ticket at the applicable fare.
- If I have a problem at check in, who do I call?
If you fail to check in on time or fail to board the aircraft by the time the aircraft departs or fail to have proper documentation at the point of check-in, the fare you paid will not be refunded to you for any reason whatsoever.
Our call centre will be able to respond to pre-flight enquiries and reservations matters only, subject to our opening hours.
You may also seek help from our ground handling agent who facilitates your check-in.
- If I am denied check-in, who do I contact?
If you fail to check in on time or fail to board the aircraft by the time the aircraft departs or fail to have proper documentation at the point of check-in, the fare you paid will not be refunded to you for any reason including but not limited to medical reasons. Our call centre can only assist you with changes to your valid return flight, subject to applicable fees and fare difference.
- I'm transferring from one flight to another. Can I check in my luggage before my first flight, and claim it after my second flight?
Tigerconnect gives you the option to make only one booking to purchase two connecting flights throughout our network of 50 destinations in 13 Asia Pacific countries shared by Tigerair and its partner airlines.
In collaboration with Singapore Changi Airport Group, Tigerconnect comes with an airport transfer feature that makes your transit in Singapore Changi Airport a hassle-free experience. The feature offers greater ease for your onward journey without the need to clear arrival immigration and retrieve luggage. A travel visa for Singapore is not needed.
For flight connections under 8 hours, airport transfer service and cost has been incorporated in the flight purchase for hassle-free transfer.
With the airport transfer feature, Tigerconnect passengers can, upon arrival at Singapore Changi Airport, simply collect boarding passes for their onward flights at the transfer counters located at the transit area, Transfer E.
Luggage checked-in will then be sent to the onward flight while they enjoy a wonderful shopping and dining experience at Singapore Changi Airport transit area. Tigerconnect passengers can also opt to explore Singapore via the free city shuttle.
Visas & other immigration matters
- Where can I get my visa or travel permit from? Can your call centre or cabin crew help? Can I get a refund if I cannot check-in or board the aircraft because of immigration/customs matters?
Please check with the respective immigration authorities of the country you are travelling to. We are unable to assist you in obtaining a visa as we have no authority over immigration matters.
It is the sole responsibility of all passengers to have the necessary travel documents and approvals to fly into any and all countries in your journey. If you are denied check-in, immigration clearance or boarding for immigration reasons, Tigerair cannot be held responsible and your ticket(s) will not be refunded.
Young Persons, Children and Infants
- What is your definition of a newborn/infant/child/young passenger/adult? What are the restrictions, conditions and fees?
Category Age on the date of travel Newborn less than 7 days old Infant 7 days old to below 2 years old Child 2 years old to below 12 years old Minor 12 years old to below 15 years old Young Passenger 15 years to below 18 years old Adult 18 years and above
Newborn babies will not be accepted for travel under any circumstances.
An infant may travel with an adult by sitting on the adult's lap. An infant fee per sector is payable.
A maximum of one infant per adult is allowed for travel.
No baby seats or bassinets are allowed in the aircraft cabin. Infants will be strapped to the adult with a seatbelt extension, during takeoff, landing and whenever required.
Most authorities (airport security, customs, immigrations, etc) allow a reasonable amount of milk or baby formula to be carried onboard for an infant's consumption. If in doubt, please check with the relevant authorities.
Infants do not qualify for luggage allowance as they are not fare paying passengers.
Alternatively, you may purchase a seat for your infant at the prevailing adult rates. Besides getting more space, you can also purchase a Luggage Upsize™ allowance for your infant. However, the infant must be seated on your lap with the seatbelt extension fastened during takeoff, landing and whenever required.
A child must be accompanied by an adult in the same booking. There must be at least one adult to travel with and take full responsibility for every 10 children. Escort and special facilities for children are NOT available.
For safety reasons, seats may be reassigned to ensure that each child is seated next to at least one adult.
Full adult fares and all applicable taxes and charges will apply. Children departing internationally from Perth are exempt from the passenger movement charge.
A Minor may be accepted for travel without being accompanied by an adult, provided the Minor's parent/guardian signs an indemnity form and presents it personally during check-in. This provides us an opportunity to verify the parent/guardian's identity and presence. The parent/guardian would have to remain at the airport until the flight has departed. This ensures that, in the unlikely event the flight has to return to base due to a disruption, the parent/guardian is available to care for the Minor.
Full adult fares and all applicable taxes and charges will apply.
Young Passengers may travel unaccompanied as an adult. However, they do not qualify to take responsibility and care for infants, children and minors for travel.
Full adult fares and all applicable taxes and charges will apply.
Medical conditions & special needs assistance
- How does Tigerair facilitate travel for passengers who require special needs or have reduced mobility?
Please refer to here for details such as:
- When is a traveling companion required
- Limitations of assistance that we can provide
- Wheelchairs, passenger lifts, and other third-party facilities/services
Most importantly, please notify and book through our call centre at least 3 (three) days before departure. They will help you determine what facilities/services are required, which of these are available at the airports involved and any applicable charges.
If you fail to do so, the necessary services/facilities may not be available upon your arrival at the airport and you may be denied boarding for your safety or other reasons.
Please also note that the necessary facilities/services may not be available at all times at all airports. If we are unable to obtain the necessary third-party services/facilities, we will make a refund provided the booking and notification was made through our call centre at least 3 (three) days before departure.
- Can I travel if I am unwell?
You must be medically fit to travel in order for us to accept you for carriage. If you are unsure, please seek advice from your doctor. We will accept you for travel if you have a doctor's certification that you are fit for travel.
- Can I get a refund if I am certified unfit to travel?
All bookings on Tigerair are on a confirmed basis and strictly non-refundable. We keep our fares low by implementing stringent cost control measures in our operations. We are not able to offer refunds or compensation for any monetary or other losses, or inconvenience caused arising from any missed flights including medical and other reasons.
We recommend that you obtain the appropriate insurance to suit your needs.
- If I broke my leg, can I still travel?
All passengers travelling with broken limbs will need a medical certificate stating that they are fit to travel. If the affected leg is plastered above the knee and you are able to board the aircraft without assistance then you will be required to purchase three seats in total. Please contact the reservations call centre to arrange your booking.
Please note that the plaster cast will need to be split prior to travelling to allow for swelling and should have been in place for at least 48 hours prior to departure.
Please alert the crew member onboard the aircraft so that you can be allocated three seats together. For this reason, we ask that you complete check-in formalities early and be at the gate 50 minutes prior to scheduled departure time. Please produce your three boarding cards to assist the crew.
- Am I allowed to travel if I'm pregnant?
It is the duty of pregnant passengers to advise us of the progress of their pregnancy at the point of booking of seat. Our carriage of pregnant passengers is subject to the following conditions:
- Pregnancy less than 30 weeks: we will accept you for the flight unless there are other medical conditions that affect your fitness to travel.
- Pregnancy more than 30 weeks and less than 35 weeks: please produce a doctor's certificate confirming that you are fit to travel on the flight
- Pregnancy 35 weeks and over: we will not accept you for traveling on the flight.
- If I become unwell and not fit to travel after check-in, but the flight has not departed, can I get a refund?
All bookings on Tigerair are on a confirmed basis and strictly non-refundable. Tigerair keep our fares low by implementing stringent cost control measures in our operations. As such, we make reservations and sell tickets exclusively for point-to-point travel on Tigerair flights. We are not able to offer refunds or compensation for any monetary or other losses, or inconvenience caused arising from any missed flights including medical and other reasons.
All passengers must be medically fit to travel in order for Tigerair to accept them for carriage.
- If I need special medical attention/equipment, am I allowed to fly?
If for medical reasons, passengers need to inject themselves during the flight (e.g. diabetics) they are permitted to carry syringes in the cabin. They will be asked to produce appropriate medical evidence (such as a doctor's letter) when they check-in or at security screenings. This should be kept with them at all times.
- Why must I wait 24 hours after my diving trip before I fly?
When diving below the surface for any period of time, nitrogen in the compressed air you breathe will be absorbed into your bloodstream. If you were to travel on a flight soon after that, the reduced pressure in the aircraft cabin could cause "the bends", where the nitrogen would be released from your blood and form bubbles in your blood vessels, which is extremely painful at best, and fatal at worst.
When you return to the surface from diving, the nitrogen absorbed in your blood will slowly be exhaled over the next several hours. Then it is safe to travel on an aircraft. This is why the 24 hour air travel restriction is recommended.
- Will there be any additional charges for bringing my own wheelchair?
There will not be any additional charges to check in your own wheelchair.
- Will priority boarding be given to special needs passengers?
Tigerair will provide assistance, as far as is reasonably possible and in accordance with our Special Assistance Policy, to our customers who need help in order to travel with us. We will do so in as dignified and non-discriminatory manner as possible, within the constraints of available resources.
Feedback & enquiries
- Who do I contact for feedback?
If you have a query prior to travel on Tigerair, please refer to our FAQ section. If you are still unable to find the answer to your question, please contact your local call centre and our staff will endeavor to answer any question you may have.
If you have a query following your travel with Tigerair, please write in respectively to:
Tigerair Singapore flights
Tiger Airways Singapore Pte Ltd
Changi Airport Post Office, c/o P.O. Box 181, Singapore 918147
Tigerair Taiwan flights
No.3, alley 123, Lane 405
Tung Hwa N Road
Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C
Tigerair Australia Flights
Commercial Services Department
Tiger Airways Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2352, Gladstone Park, Melbourne, Victoria 3043, Australia
Fax: +61 3 9335 3455
Alternatively, you may submit your feedback via our Customer Support Portal. Please fill in all the relevant details to facilitate our response to you.
- Why don't you provide email or phone feedback?
In order to offer the lowest fares possible, we constantly search for the most cost-effective way to respond to customer letters.
When we previously provided an email address for feedback, we received many duplicate/repeat emails on the same matter, which delay the response process for all customers.
- Why do you take so long to reply?
As much as possible, we try to answer letters within 21 working days in the order that we receive them. It might take longer especially when detailed investigations involving other parties are required. We do not respond to enquiries in cases where we have already provided the information on our website.
Please help us serve you better by:
- checking our website first for the information you need
- providing details such as your booking reference, passenger name, flight number, flight date, contact number and mailing address
- not sending duplicate mails
We are working on improving our response time and system, in a way that allows us to keep our fares low.
- Why does the call centre not provide after travel service?
In order for us to keep offering the lowest possible fares, we keep our operating and administrative costs to a lean minimum.
- What are Tigerair call centre numbers?
Please refer to our contact us page here.
- Who do we contact outside call centre operating hours?
Outside call centre operating hours, the other alternative is to go to a check-in counter that is open at that time. Please refer here for the check-in counter time.
Inflight food, beverage & duty-free goods
- I have experienced problems with my onboard purchase, who do I contact?
Commercial Services Department
Tiger Airways Singapore Pte Ltd
Changi Airport Post Office, c/o P.O. Box 181, Singapore 918147
- Who should I contact if the items I bought onboard are faulty?
The duty free programme is operated by Inflight Sales Asia (Singapore) Pte Ltd (ISA). All items sold are non-refundable / non exchangeable as per our Sales Conditions onboard. Hence, please check all items carefully whilst onboard.
Any questions concerning these items should be addressed to ISA as follows:
Inflight Sales Asia (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Tel : (65) 6908 9734
- How much is my alcohol allowance?
Duty Free allowance varies from country to country and for the person traveling. Please check on your allowance prior to departure.
- If I am a Singaporean, am I allowed to purchase any liquor onboard on the flight back to Singapore?
If you are a bona fide traveller not below 18 years of age, have arrived from countries other than Malaysia and have spent 48 hours or more outside Singapore immediately before your arrival, you will be given the following duty-free concessions for liquors:
- 1 (one) litre spirits (brandy, whisky, gin, rum, vodka, etc)
- 1 (one) litre wine and
- 1 (one) litre beer or stout or ale or port
- Are all major credit cards accepted on your flights?
We only accept Visa or MasterCard credit cards onboard. For Duty Free there is a minimum purchase value of S$15.00 up to S$500.00 per passenger. For Food & Beverage there is a minimum purchase value of S$3.00 up to S$200.00 per passenger.
- Am I allowed to consume food and drinks in the cabin?
Only food and drinks purchased from our inflight menu are allowed to be consumed. Check out our inflight menu here for a great selection of food, refreshments and beverages.
- Besides the Singapore Dollar, do you accept any other currencies for inflight purchases?
Yes, we accept major currencies such as US$, AUS$, Malaysian Ringgit, Chinese Yuan, Thai Baht, Hong Kong $ and Phil Pesos.
- I am a vegetarian; do you have specially catered vegetarian meals?
Yes. We can cater to your selected special diets. Please make your request via our call centre / write / fax in at least 5 (five) days before departure.
- Is the food onboard Halal?
We have a great selection of Halal items onboard. Just ask our cabin crew or check out our inflight menu. We do not serve pork onboard.
- What is online Tigerbites?
Online Tigerbites offers a selection of items from our menu which can be pre-ordered online up to 3 days prior to your flight departure
- How can I purchase Tigerbites and what are the meal options available?
Online Tigerbites can be purchased online during your booking process up to 3 days prior to your flight departure.
- If I have purchased my tickets, am I able to add Tigerbites to my booking?
You can only pre-order Tigerbites at the time of your ticket purchase online. Alternatively, selected meals are available for purchase onboard your flight.
- Can I purchase online Tigerbites a few hours before my flight?
Online Tigerbites has to be purchased 3 days prior to your flight departure due to the time needed for meal preparation.
e.g. if you are making a booking on a Monday you will be able to pre-order meals for any flight departing from Thursday onwards
- Can the call-centre assist me with my meal request if I were to make a booking with the call-centre?
Tigerbites is currently offered only through our website at the time of ticket purchase. It is currently not available through the call-centre.
- Can I book online Tigerbites for a flight less than 3 hours (eg. Singapore to Kuala Lumpur)?
Yes, you can select our gourmet combos.
- Is there any saving or discount for purchasing online Tigerbites?
Yes, by purchasing online Tigerbites, you will save SGD5.00 for every hot meal combo.
- If I book the meal for myself but I am not able to fly, can it be transferred to another travelling party in my booking?
All online Tigerbites purchases are final and non-transferable.
- While on my flight, what proof do I have to indicate that I have purchased online Tigerbites?
Please present your boarding pass or itinerary to our cabin crew.
- Will I be served first (priority of food given) for purchasing online Tigerbites?
Yes, priority will be given to passengers with online Tigerbites purchases.
- What happens if the meal I booked online was not the one I ordered? Will I get a refund for it?
We will endeavour to replace your online Tigerbites purchases with items of similar value. All online Tigerbites purchases are final and non-refundable.
- I'm awaiting an inbound flight- Who do I need to contact to check the arrival time?
You may check your flight timings by using the "Manage my booking" function on our website. Alternatively you may contact our call centre.
- Are there any entertainment services onboard especially for your longer flights?
We provide a free magazine Tigertales with exciting news on travel and great deals. To keep our fares low for you, we do not provide video/audio entertainment on all our flights.
- How can I be among the first to know about your latest promotions and other news? How can I be eligible for special deals?
From time to time, we have special deals just for our Facebook fans, Twitter followers, and e-newsletter subscribers. Sign up now!
- I have a combo flight which is 12 hours apart. What can I do instead of loitering at the airport?
You may wish to refer to Changi Airport website here.
board me first
- Can I check in late if I am a board me first passenger?
Normal rules for check in times apply for board me first passengers.
- Can I purchase board me first for myself only but not the rest of my travelling party?
board me first can only be purchased for all passengers and for all flights within the same booking.
- Can I buy board me first immediately before my flight?
board me first can only be purchased up to 4 (four) hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight.
- Can I buy board me first through the call centre?
Additionals fees will apply for board me first purchased through the call centre.
- If I have to change my flight and board me first is not available, do I get a refund?
All board me first fees are non-refundable. board me first fees are transferable subject to availability. Refunds will not be given should board me first not be available on the new flight. board me first will be honoured wherever possible but cannot be guaranteed.
- What if I want to board me first with my infant?
Infants attract no additional charge for board me first when travelling together with a passenger who has paid for this service.
- What if my flight gets cancelled?
In the event of a flight disruption, delays or cancellations by Tigerair, the airline will make every effort to provide existing board me first passengers with priority boarding for the new flight. However this may not always be possible. In such circumstances, refunds may then be given.