Tigerair, established in 2004, is a leading Singapore-based budget carrier that offers affordable travel options and a seamless customer experience.
Tigerair comprises three airlines, namely Tigerair Singapore, Tigerair Australia (40% stake) and Tigerair Taiwan (10% stake). Collectively, the Group's network extends to over 50 destinations across 14 countries in the Asia Pacific. Please refer to our route map. As at 30 June 2014, Tigerair has a fleet of 49 Airbus A320-family aircraft, averaging less than three years of age.
Awards won by Tigerair include:
- Top airline by absolute growth in passenger carriage (Singapore) at the Changi Airline Awards 2014
- Top 5 airlines by passenger carriage at the Changi Airline Awards 2014
- Singapore's largest no-frills airline by Centre for Aviation (CAPA) (2013)
- Top 3 Airlines by Passenger Carriage (Singapore) at the Changi Airline Awards 2013
- Top Airline by Growth in Cargo Carriage at the Changi Airline Awards 2013
- Top Airline by Growth in Passenger Carriage (Singapore) at the Changi Airline Awards 2012 for 3 years in a row
- Best in-flight meals in the low cost airline category at the Asia Pacific Airline Food Awards 2012
- Low Cost Airline of the Year Award at CAPA's Aviation Awards for Excellence in 2010
Tigerair empowers people to explore new destinations and accumulate memorable experiences by offering an increased network of destinations and affordable travel options. It is also committed to maintaining the highest standards of safety, security and reliability.